One of the Best Analogies for Life
The mind loves to use visuals and/or analogies as tools to re-mind itself of useful concepts. In self-mastery, you must evaluate what works best for you at the moment and continue using it until it doesn’t work for you anymore. You then evaluate again.
One of my favourite concepts that I love to use and works well for all my clients and students is to compare life to the camera.
Focus on what’s important.
- What are you focused on in the present moment?
- Where are your current thoughts?
Capture the good times.
- What is your story?
- What do you want to keep and what do you want to surrender?
Develop from the negatives.
- What are your negative thoughts and emotions?
- How are you learning, developing and growing from them?
If things don’t work out, take another shot.
- What worked and what didn't work?
- How is every failure teaching you something new for the next step?
- I invite you to reflect on one area of your life and use the questions from above to guide you in your self-inquiry.
- Share one thing you learned about this exercise in the Self-Mastery Collective.
Right click to download this image + share.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Vanessa Leung is a Certified Mindset and Spiritual Life Coach, Speaker, Blogger, Registered Holistic Nutritionist, Reiki energy practitioner and the founder of 80/20 Living & Co.
As a self-healer of over 30 years of doubt, guilt and fear, Vanessa is a living example of what the power of the mind can do. Through mind training and practicing self-compassion, she went from living a life feeling lonely, insignificant and depressed to a life of joy, freedom and abundance.
Vanessa teaches simple and practical tools to help high achieving entrepreneurs to succeed with ease and get sh*t done without the mind games. She helps her clients get right down to the root cause of all their Fears. Her clients are able to own their fears, make decisions with confidence, trust in themselves to follow-through and create abundance in their life and business. Fearless and powerful.