- 3 assorted organic red, orange, yellow bell peppers, deseeded and chopped
- 1 cup of organic grape or cherry or roma or on the vine tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup of sliced brown, shiitake, portobello or wild mushrooms of your choice
- ½ cup of fresh basil, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 4 tbsp of cold-pressed extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 package of organic brown rice pasta
- drizzle of cold-pressed extra-virgin olive oil
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix peppers, mushrooms and tomatoes in large mixing bowl with olive oil. Sea salt & pepper to taste.
- Roast in oven for 30 mins. or until vegetables are soft.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta as per package directions. Brown rice pastas tend to stick more than regular pasta, so be sure to watch and toss often.
- Drain and rinse pasta.
- Once peppers and tomatoes are roasted, you can choose to serve as a chunky sauce as is or blend the mixture in the blender for more of a sauce texture. Sea salt & pepper to taste if needed.
- Add basil and garlic to the sauce and mix well.
- Serve on top of pasta, adding a drizzle of olive oil and enjoy!