How many of you sometimes go looking for something and by the time you get there, you forget what it is you were looking for? Others may have difficulty concentrating, or prone to dry skin or dry itchy eyes. These are some of the signs that we may be low in ESSENTIAL FATS, Omega-3s and Omega-6s. These are essential fats because they are nutrients not produced by our body and the only way we can take it in is through the foods we eat.
In order for us to optimize our brain health, we must eat a healthy balance of essential fats. A healthy ratio would be between 2:1 - 4:1 Omega-6s to Omega-3s. In today's western world, at over 20:1 ratio, we are consuming way more Omega-6 in comparison to Omega-3 food sources. Omega-6s are found in meats, dairy products, eggs, corn, safflower, sunflower, sesame and in many of the processed foods. Omega-3 food sources include flax, hemp, pumpkin, walnut and cold water fish species.
HOW DO WE BALANCE OUR ESSENTIAL FATS?
- EAT WILD COLD WATER FISH SPECIES 2X/WEEK
- 1 TABLESPOON OF GROUND FLAXSEEDS IN SALADS, SMOOTHIES OR MEALS
- 1 HANDFUL OF NUTS OR SEEDS PER DAY
- USE COLD-PRESSED OILS IN SALADS OR AS TOPPINGS TO MEALS
- AVOID PROCESSED FOODS
- FOCUS ON 80% BRAIN BOOSTING FOODS 20% UNHEALTHY INDULGENCES OF YOUR DAILY INTAKE
- AIM TO EAT 80% PLANT FOODS 20% MEATS OF YOUR DAILY INTAKE
*** YOU show up every day making an impact in someone else's life in some shape or form, even if you are not aware of it. Please share the love & share the video/post with anyone you think might benefit from this. Thank you for bringing LIGHT to possible darkness. #bethelight